Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 4 - I Chose Diigo

For this module I chose to investigate Diigo. With Diigo I had already set up an account when there was all that fuss with Delicious a while back and there were fears it would be shut down. I converted all my bookmarks to Diigo but never went back to check the other features out. So I did today and signed up for educator access (not sure what I get there but will see when approved). And as I look at what's new on the Diigo site I read that there is lots there for educators and students, particularly the highlighting tool. I am just going through people to follow and I like how this is similar to what I do in Twitter. Just applied to join a group...Diigo in Education and with 10000 members should be lots to learn from this Diigo PLN. What I already hate is the Diigo frame on the top of any link (even when I try to open in a new tab)....ugghhhh..but it only seems to happen when I follow  link from people I am following....hmmm. Oh and I just linked my Delicious account with my Diigo account so I can update both at the same time while I work out which one to keep.
Update re automatic linking - it doesn't seem to work in Delicious! Anway, am exploring Diigo and just got my Diigo Educator badge...
diigo education pioneer



I am going to also check out Springpad when I get time but that's enough blogging for now...I have 6 modules to catch up with this week while it's quiet!

3 comments:

  1. hmm yeah taht diigo frame is a bit annoying, it happens with any link you click through on diigo. What I do when that pops up is click on the tiny green link that pops up on that topmost diigo bar beneath teh blue diigo link title, this opens the original website page without the frame which is much better! Great to hear from you again Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great tip...Thanks Felicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got approved for a Diigo Education Account so will start exploring that before school gets back. Also, the groups I've signed up to are already proving to be rivers of gold with a great link to flipped classrooms - http://goo.gl/5cbT7

    ReplyDelete